Monday, November 4th, 2013
Have you looked through LookBook, Chictopia or explored the popular page of Instagram lately? Seen your favorite style icon with a new pair of chic high heel pumps or that transparent glass case clutch inspired by Chanel you just adore so much that you just have to have it?
With a vast sea of online shopping sites in the internet linked with limitless options and price marks at every point, buying clothes online can be overwhelming; if you don’t know where to go, chances are you might even get scammed.
It’s no secret that online shopping has dominated ecommerce, thousands of designer labels to independent boutiques offer a vast variety of options for every fashion frenzy buyer.
As a fashion-enthusiast myself, I’m an avid fan of purchasing goods online for the convenience, up-to-the-latest fashion trends and most of all, VIP treatment and virtual coupons with as much as 70% discount. Well, I must admit it is hand-down fun and certainly addictive, who doesn’t want that kind of treatment anyway? Especially when you can just shop around in your pajamas!
However, with online shopping you need to be cautious of not getting scammed especially if you’re shopping independent boutiques. Understanding that there are such concerns, I’ve decided to come up with a round-up of the hottest clothing stores, complete with reviews and their best offers; so that next time you’re looking to buy clothes, shoes and accessories that are in style, you know the place to be and you know for sure that you’re not getting scammed!
The Top 15 List
Target audience: ages 18-35 year old women
- Chicwish – based in Hongkong and established by Olivia and Garlok; Chicwish appeals to the young generation with a distinct sense of chic style while keeping up with great quality and affordability. www.chicwish.com
What to find: Vintage, quirky pieces and hand-made collections
- Modcloth – founded by husband and wife, Susan and Eric Koger who both share a passion for all things vintage and retro clothing, Mod cloth provides fresh and fun fashion. www.modcloth.com
Best-buys: Indie designs and one-of-a-kind pieces
- Net-a-porter- an award-winning website, featured in the style of magazine, offering style-savvy trend-setters premium luxury fashion goods, with 2.5 million viewers each month. www.net-a-porter.com
Hottest Urban Fashion Online
- Karmaloop- an online eCommerce site based in Boston has grown to be the #1 urban fashion retailer online. With the daily Karmaloop coupon codes or the Karmaloop promo code, Karmaloop allows you to save on every order so you can look good at the lowest price possible. Checkout their site here >> www.karmaloop.com
Known as: World’s premier online luxury fashion destination
- Shopbop – launched in 2000 as a modestly sized online fashion store specializing in hard-to-find denim lines, Shopbop has expanded to become one of the leading fashion retailers of the world. In 2006, BOP LLC was acquired by Amazon. www.shopbop.com
Merits: Recognized as “the editor’s of what’s cool” by Daily Candy, “best customer service” by The Wall Street Journal; featured in Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar and Elle.
- Ruelala – headquartered in Boston, curates the best of what boutiques have from women and men’s fashion to home interiors for. www.ruelala.com
Shop for: everything (men’s, women’s and kid’s fashion, home decors, interiors and travel at low prices for member’s only.
- Hautelook – a Nordstrom company, catering to members-only offering private, limited sale events on branded fashion and beauty items. www.hautelook.com
Highlight: Shop merchandises for as low as 75% off retail
- eBay – world’s best online bidding community offering anything and everything in between from accessories, beauty, fashion, gadgets and much, much more! www.ebay.com
What to expect: Purchase anything you wish to buy at hot prices.
- Stylemint- run by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen with over 1 million viewers along with sister sites, Jewelmint, Shoemint and Intimint. www.stylemint.com
Style haven for: celebrities and street-stylers
- ShoeDazzle – established in 2009, paved the way for chic shoe lovers offering access to the latest styles and trends. www.shoedazzle.com
Watch out for: Rachel Zoe, ShoeDazzle’s appointed new chief stylist.
- Own the runway – young, fresh, new and up and coming e-tailer offering trendy clothing, footwear and accessories aimed at fashion-forward 16-40 year olds. www.owntherunway.com
Style: runway-inspired outfits from rugged, plain, chic, classy to high-end.
- Missguided – a UK based fresh and vibrant online fashion store offering women’s clothing, shoes and accessories. www.missguided.com
Shop for: Catwalk and celebrity -inspired looks at reasonable prices.
- Stylist Pick – If you’re looking for a shop that caters to your own personal style down to a ‘T’, this is your best bet. www.stylistpick.com
Specialty: Finding the perfect pieces that not only helps you look good but makes you feel great too.
- Far Fetch – the hub of a fashion community uniting independent boutiques all over the world to cater to fashion lovers world-wide; each boutique represents a variety of fashion characters with a very individual perspective. www.farfetch.com
Known as: most-influential and forward-thinking, independent business.
- Nasty Gal – Sophia Amoruso started an eBay online store in 2006 and grew the business into a global fashion destination in 5 years. Today, Nasty Gal is favoured by many fashion bloggers and street-stylers alike. www.nastygal.com
What to find: Sexy, rock n’ roll, down-to-earth, vintage-style clothing, shoes and accessories
If you think I’ve listed all the best online shops there are –this is not the end of it;
With thousands and thousand of online fashion stores (retailers and wholesalers) offering designer brands to disposable fashion items, featuring the best services growing each year, shopping online is always an interesting adventure because you just never know what you’re going to find. Imagine – options are limitless, global fashion at your own service with the convenience of home shopping. It’s a fun and amazing thing to discover all sorts of style and personality especially, your very own.
TIP: when shopping online for fashion goods (or any type of goods for that matter) know your rights as an online buyer, be wary of getting scammed, as much as possible take time to find rest-assured trusted merchants and legal shops such as these online boutiques listed above. It’s also important to note that you shouldn’t sacrifice quality over quantity. Make sure you’re not spending for the sake of shopping, instead shop for what’s worth every single penny.